Intern with Chief Justice Bridget Mary McCormack’s Re-election Campaign!
Team McCormack is seeking applicants for its fall internship program. Individuals passionate about law, public policy, and/or political campaigns are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will be energetic, hard-working, and excited to re-elect Chief Justice McCormack to the Michigan Supreme Court.
Interns will receive a wide-ranging introduction to the world of campaigns and the 2020 election cycle. They will gain first-hand knowledge of how robust, statewide campaigns operate while also learning the unique aspects of how judicial campaigns function. Interns seeking to gain academic credit may do so in accordance with the policies and programs offered by their school or university.
Responsibilities will vary by position and the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. They could include but are not limited to:
- Drafting content for social media
- Developing content for monthly newsletters
- Assisting in graphic design process for social media and other communications channels
- Writing letters to the editor and op-ed pieces
- Writing voter engagement letters
- Recruiting volunteers
- Engaging voters through mail, email, and phone calls
- Ability to commit at least 10 hours per week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Passionate about political campaigns and activism
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- How have your previous experiences in campaigns, school, extracurricular activities, or employment prepared you for this position?
- Which campaign responsibilities interest you most (finance, communications, field)?
- What is your availability?
Please submit application by Tuesday, September 22nd.